THe Star Wars is Satan's Tool

Welcome to the TOOL OF SATAN FORUMS & DISCUSSIONS

To post content, login as login: Reader & password: guest - then you will be able to post your own main enteries! Otherwise, anyone can post a comment as themselves.

Home
Archives
Our Full Message
ArcLight Video
boingboing.net article

ign.com video

If you linked directly here, this is a discussion boad open to all based on the ideas presented in the Tool of Satan website.

July 2007
SMTWTFS

Read all the Past Entries

Powered By Greymatter

Home » Archives » July 2007 » Satan's a tool?

[Previous entry: "They are only movies"] [Next entry: "Jesus(TM) points and on top of it all, t-shirts depicting our lord Jesus(TM)."]

07/11/2007: "Satan's a tool?"

I must object, not because I'm a star wars fan, but because the creator of the site I linked from seems to me to have watched the movies once and jumped immediately to the worst possible conclusion, overwhelmingly tainted by their faith.
I will not mock anyone for having something I do not, i.e faith, but righteous fire has to be exactly that, righteous.
These six small films (more 4, 5 and 6 than the prequels as they are pap), are a christian allegory; at no point in these screenplays is the idea of evil put forward as anything but a force to be battled, the pyhrric victory concluding the third film marks a coming darkness, yes, but only so it can be defeated. Don't forget that the protagonists of these movies are noble, honourable, self-sacrificing, brave, moral and work on the side of rightness. The 'rebellion' is faith, the empire 'satan' (I will not capitalise satan cos, as I said, me+faith=nope) and while the forces of evil triumph in some small ways throughout the piece, does that mean the entire film is a tool of satan? Does 'good' triumph in every situation?
I came from a religious background and was a churchgoer from an early age, though not through choice, I decided my own path when I was old enough to understand what was being preached; the opinion of the person who created the site I linked from attacked something they didn't fully understand, launching slurs and telling us all that if we watched this film we were damned and we worked for satan; they were trying to instil fear in people, to 'turn' them to their cause by corrupting an innocent piece of cinematography which, ultimately, actually supports right thinking and is an allegory for faith... wait... trying to corrupt something which tries to instil the values of christianity through a medium the young will listen to... hmmm.
night
AgnosticApe