THe Star Wars is Satan's Tool

Welcome to the TOOL OF SATAN FORUMS & DISCUSSIONS

To post content, login as login: Reader & password: guest - then you will be able to post your own main enteries! Otherwise, anyone can post a comment as themselves.

Home
Archives
Our Full Message
ArcLight Video
boingboing.net article

ign.com video

If you linked directly here, this is a discussion boad open to all based on the ideas presented in the Tool of Satan website.

November 2006
SMTWTFS

Read all the Past Entries

Powered By Greymatter

Home » Archives » November 2006 » RE: Xaos is DUMB

[Previous entry: "Xaos is DUMB"] [Next entry: "This is Mortimer Fontaine - website owner"]

11/15/2006: "RE: Xaos is DUMB"

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Instead of rationally debating me, you choose to write hate instead. Listen, if you really disagree with me, then at least tell me what it is about what I said that you disagree with. The least you can do is explain to me exactly what you disagree with about what I said, and then refute my points with your own. Let's have a debate, and open our minds to other possibilities... or, we can just say that we hate each other and never try to elaborate on our own beliefs. Who knows, perhaps you'll change my world-view? Perhaps you'll 'save' me from going to 'Hell'. I mean, it shouldn't be that hard, I was a Christian until eight years ago. Let's discuss this like two rational people.

I’d like to continue with my thought from the other day. You see, whilst I got tired of typing, I hadn’t really said my entire piece. Firstly, let me say that, yes, I was a Christian, and for most of my life, at that. As you may be able to tell from my spelling, I’m not from the U.S.A., I’m actually from the U.K., more specifically, Wales (No! It’s not in England, or Germany (as one couple from Texas thought when I met them.)). In the U.K., there was not this kind of upheaval about “Star Wars“. Many Christian friends of mine love the whole franchise, and my old Sunday-school teacher used “Star Wars” as an example of good triumphing over evil. George Lucas is simply trying to entertain people, whilst spreading the message that love is far more productive than hate, and, in the end, good will triumph over evil. To call it the work of the Devil, would be like saying that the “Lord of the Rings” is also the work of the Devil, as it does not have the same ‘God’ that Christians do. This is, of course, a complete fabrication. J.R.R. Tolkien was a devout Christian, and his entire story is basically about man rejecting the Devil, and the triumph of God. Another example is like saying David and Leigh Eddings’ work (“The Belgariad” series, “The Mallorean” series, “The Redemption of Althalus“, “The Dreamers” series, “The Elenium” series, and “The Tamuli” series), are also the work of the Devil, because they do not stick to traditional Christian ideology. They also have magic and many Gods and Goddesses, but the underlying message is the same: Good will always win over evil, Love is more productive than Hate. Both David and Leigh are Christians (or so I have been told, I make no claim to have insight into their faith or beliefs).

If we’re basically going to be restricted to making films about Christianity, then the world would be a very boring place. Besides, a lot of truly ‘blasphemous’ work slips past most Christians, often because it is too subtle: (Take the example of “The Matrix Trilogy”. Now, to me (and this is only my opinion, mind you, it’s probably not what they had in mind), when it talks about previous ‘anomalies’ in “The Matrix Reloaded” (I think that’s the one, anyway), it seems to be implying that Jesus was an ‘anomaly’ who came to ‘free’ people from the Matrix (Once again, this is only MY interpretation). And even if this interpretation is completely false, then how is it that Neo can perform ‘Miracles’ both in and out of the Matrix, and he died and ‘rose again’. That seems a more obvious correlation of Christianity to me. But still, they’re only films inspired by the message of Good versus Evil, a message which existed thousands of years before Christianity came along. Perhaps people should go and do voluntary work, or give money to charity, rather than trying to pick apart films. (By the way, check the Genre of “Star Wars”: it’s Science FICTION, meaning that it’s completely made up, but based on scientific contexts, such as the possibility of faster than light travel, or lasers (lightsabers)).

Once again, everything I’ve mentioned in this post and my previous one is only my own opinion. I am open to discussion about this, so please, can we try to act with a little dignity in the future and have a sensible debate about this subject, and not about my mental capacity or how much you hate or like me (only been hate so far). Please, let’s discuss the topic of “Star Wars” with a little more rationality.

Thanks,

Xaos

P.S. RAMEN to you all!